The key to a long-lasting unit is proper aircon maintenance and care. This includes, among others, getting it serviced regularly. But, how often do you really need to have an air conditioner checked and serviced by a professional? Is twice a year okay? Or will once a year be enough?
Here’s a quick guide to help you know when it’s time to have your air conditioner checked by a professional.
- If you hardly use your air-conditioner, you should have it checked or serviced at least once every six months. This is more for prevention than anything. After all, you don’t want your a/c to be breaking down when you need it the most.
- If you use your air conditioner semi-regularly, especially when it’s hot, you should have your aircon serviced twice a year. Even if you think that your air-conditioning unit is doing okay, there might be underlying problems that can get worse if not checked regularly by a professional. If you insist on not having it serviced as often, try to at least take out the filter and wash it every so often to prevent dust and dirt build-up.
- If you use your aircon every day, then you should try taking a quarterly aircon servicing Singapore package. This way, your air conditioner is cleaned every two to three months and will be kept in optimal running condition all-year round. Not to mention, quarterly contracts allow you to use the services of air-conditioning companies at a much cheaper rate.
What Happens If You Don’t Get Your Air conditioner Serviced Regularly
- Your air-conditioning unit will be far more dependable and reliable if you have it serviced regularly. This will come in handy, especially during the hot summer months when the last thing you want happening is your air conditioning unit breaking down in the middle of the day.
- Regular and preventative maintenance is actually cheaper in the long run. This is because it’s less expensive to fix small mistakes, like a small leak, than having to replace a major part of your a/c unit that was damaged because you put off having it serviced.
- Regularly serviced air conditioners work at maximum efficiency. As a result, they consume far less electricity compared to air conditioners that are not regularly serviced and maintained.
Finally, as an added bonus, regular a/c maintenance helps ensure that your unit lasts far longer, preventing you from having to spend even more money on buying a brand new one much earlier than you would like.
Air conditioners are an essential part of the household. However, they are often neglected and under appreciated, especially when it’s not hot. But, it only takes one breakdown for everyone in the house to realise just how important their air conditioning unit is.
Don’t let your family have to go through a day without your trusty a/c unit by making sure that it is well-maintained and operating at an optimum level. Regular aircon servicing ensures that your a/c is running smooth and well, all of the time.